A medical referral is not necessary to attend O.C.C. Therapy. We accept initial referrals from parents, as well as GPs, paediatricians, teachers or external agencies when the family has been informed.
Initial assessments - An occupational therapist may conduct an initial assessment to gather information relating to your child, their strengths and their areas of difficulty.
Reports - Within 3 weeks of your assessment, the occupational therapist will send a report detailing the results of the assessment as well as recommendations and comprehensive strategies that will assist your child with their developing skills. The report is included in the cost of the initial assessment.
Follow up - Shortly after you receive the report, you will receive a complimentary follow up phone call by the occupational therapist who will answer any questions you may have regarding the report. At this time, intervention options will be discussed if applicable for your child.
Recommended intervention could take many forms such as:
- 1:1 intervention sessions with an Occupational Therapist
- 1:1 intervention sessions with an occupational therapy aide
- In-home support by an Occupational Therapist or OT aide
- Development of a home program
- Consultation with teachers or other relevant team members