Fees & Funding
Some families find that it assists them to develop a payment plan (particularly where there are complex funding arrangements). Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss what your options are.
How to Pay
We accept payment using the following methods:
- Direct Debit
- EFTPOS (in person or over the phone)
- Funding bodies such as FahCSIA, Medicare, insurance companies, etc.
- Private Health Funds
Each private health fund provides a different level of cover. Please contact your private health fund to discuss your entitlements. OCC Therapy is listed with most funds
Your child may be eligible to receive a Medicare rebate when they access services through O.C.C. Therapy. Some common questions are answered below:
- Do you need a referral from your GP/paediatrician to use the Medicare rebates? Yes, you do. We cannot process your claim without one.
- Can I claim the gap on my private health fund? No, you cannot. You need to choose whether you will claim through Medicare or private health funds. You can use your Medicare sessions and then use private health funds for remaining sessions.
- Do you speak with our GP? Yes, at the first and final sessions, your therapist must report back to the GP.
- Can you process our Medicare payment in the clinic? Yes we can, and this enables you to pay the gap only.
- Out of pocket expenses. The gap must be paid for by the family, however any out of pocket costs will count toward the Medicare safety net for that family. You cannot claim the gap through your private health fund.